Thursday, October 30, 2008

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt : W Magazine Nov, 2008.

As you may or may not know, Hollywood ( me. ) is in fact an avid reader of W magazine. In some sense I've given up on Vogue because 3/4th of the magazine are Ad's and that other 1/4 are editorials & miniature articles that are amazing but....uh....minimal. I was always fascinated with W primarily because of it's extremely large covers that had amazing photographs of icons in the fashion industry, models, actresses, etc. Also about a half of W contains BREATHTAKING hi-quality photo's that force me to become a pack rat & save every single monthly edition I purchase.

Next Phase : Actually getting a subscription so I don't have to run all around New York City trying to find the the new issue. Lol.

Anyway, the November 2008 issue of W was the ONE that caught my eye among the 30+ magazine's in the display window of this magazine & souvenir shop on 42nd St. in Times Square because of two reasons...
#1. I HAD TO HAVE THE NOVEMBER ISSUE !
#2. The beautiful actress who goes by the name of Angelina Jolie graced the cover.
Who the hell wouldn't want that magazine ?!
So I pulled on my father's arm to the point of breakage and made him buy it for me.
The End. =]

If you haven't seen the cover yet, here's what it looks like...


I didn't immediately understand what it meant by " Brad Pitt's Private Photo's " until I read the article. Long story short, Brad Pitt took on the role of photographer and took intimate photographs of Ms. Jolie ( his baby momma ;D ) over the time period of a week. Brad used Kodak Tech Pan & Ilford film ( which gave the photo's a grainy, romantic feel & quality ) to shoot Angelina. All these pictures we're taken in & by their home in the South of France. Pitt's photo's truly belie the fact that he isn't a professional. Here's a sneak peak...



Brad Pitt deserves a encore. I think every single one of these photographs are beautiful.
Bottom line - GO GET THIS ISSUE ! It's more than worth it !

No comments:

Post a Comment