Friday, January 14, 2011

Lex Luger goes H*A*M

Watch out Swizz Beatz Pete Rock and 40. . there's a young new producer gaining respect in the game . . LEX LUGER. The 19-year-old Virgina native spoke to many about how he hooked up with Ross and how he constantly coming up with hit making beats.



On meeting Waka Flocka Flame and getting in the game...

I first met Waka Flocka Flame off of MySpace. This is about a year ago. This is when he wasn't even popping. He had just came out with his first mixtape. I hit him up. I was just hitting everybody up, I was hungry. I was ready to work. He was the only one who really reached back to me. He gave me his email and every two or three days I sent him 20 beats. He liked my work. We built a friendship. When "O Lets Do It" got big, he signed to a label, bought Gucci Mane's old house, and moved me down there so we went to work.

On how "B.M.F." came together...


Spiff of SpiffTV reached out to me for the "Hard In The Paint" instrumental because Ross wanted that. Spiff directed the "O Let's Do It Remix" video out in Atlanta's Grand Central Station spot. People were bumping "Hard In The Paint" in a car and he was like, "What song is that?" This is before "Hard In The Paint" even blew up. It was just the streets was fucking with it. So he was like, "Who the hell did that?" So he got on the computer and searched, "Who produced this song." He found me on MySpace and Twitter and hit me like, "I need some of this music." And I told him, "I got it, but I got other stuff that's way better." I was sending Spiff 30 beats a day for seven days. I sent him a gang of beats and out of those beats was "B.M.F." and "MC Hammer."

Because I make so many beats, sometimes they'll have names, but sometimes they'll just be like 1-50. This batch of beats was just numbers. Spiff told me, "That beat 13, put that aside. Don't give it to nobody." And I did the same thing with "MC Hammer." He said, "That beat, put it aside."

On 1.11.11 Ye and Jay-Z released a song entitled H.A.M. which is on the album "Watch The Throne LP." When I first heard the song I played it regularly on my Mac. . but when I listened to the ending of the song I realized that it might just sound better if I hooked it up to my surround sound and indeed it did. I was so amazed by the beats, the melody, and the opera sound gave the song a wonderful finish. The person responsible for this great production is of course Lex luger. This beat was made a while ago originally for Rick Ross but I'm sure Kanye requested the beat. This young producer has talent! He seems to be humble and thankful, MOB wishes him thee best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment