Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nicki Minaj Goes Complex. .


The December/January issue features Young Money Mc/Vixen Nicki Minaj who claims she has more than one way to put the rap game on lock. She's featured in Complex's top 100 girls of the 2000's coming in at 89.




"You may know Nicki Minaj as that girl with the curvaceous frame that's been touring with Lil' Wayne. Maybe you've listened to one of her three mixtapes. If so, you've probably got an image of who you think she is: a potty-mouthed MC using sex to sell herself to the masses. Look harder, homie. The 24-year-old Queens, New York native may possess a gorgeous face and a body you could get lost in, but she's got more up her sleeve than diamond bracelets. With females not even part of the rap conversation these days, she's trying to make some noise and some loot. And we think she has just the right moneymaker to do it."

Complex: When people think of Nicki Minaj they envision stilettos, bustiers, and maybe a lollipop…

Nicki Minaj: This is the thing: I like being sexy when it's time to do a show, but to be honest, I hate wearing high heels, and I hate wearing anything tight. People do get taken aback when they see me in person because I'm in the jeans and the little slippers. I think it's cute when they see me transform, they see me go into my machine and come out as Nicki Minaj.

Complex: How do you transform for that special someone?

Nicki Minaj: Thigh-high boots or some real crazy pumps, some thongs, and curly hair, that's it. [Laughs.] Nothing else—nothing less, nothing more.

Complex: What is it about curly hair that makes you feel sexy?

Nicki Minaj: I feel like I'm a girl. The curly hair gives the impression that like, "Oh, I'm well-behaved," but I take the trench coat off and boom! It doesn't have to be too curly; it just looks like I did my hair.

Complex: So is romancing and seduction part of your repertoire when it comes to the bedroom?

Nicki Minaj: I don't like romancing and I don't like seduction. It's corny to me. I like role-playing, but that's not one of my characters. [Laughs.]

Complex: With all the touring you've been doing, do you have time for a boyfriend?

Nicki Minaj: I have no dating life, I can only hope and wish and imagine and fantasize. They demand too much. In life there's always going to be one thing that takes precedence, and when you're as hungry as I am you have tunnel vision. So I can't really cater to a dude right now—I love them and I think they're cute, but I can't do what they want me to do for them right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment