Friday, September 25, 2009

Oprah meets Brooklyn.

Oprah allowed HipHop to sit on her couch. . I'm not exactly sure of my thoughts on that but I know thats history in the Hip Hop/Rap world.

Part 1


Part 2


In part 3, Oprah addresses why she isn’t a big fan of rap music and they debate on the “N” word and it’s meaning.

Jay-z on the "N" word:
“People give words power. For our generation, What we did is we took the word and we took the power out of that word. We took a word that was very ugly and hurtful and took the power out of that word.”

Oprah on the "N" word:
“My generation and generations before me (coming up through the civil rights movement), that word carries a sense of hatred and degradation. I always think about when people are screaming it at your concerts, I think about Black men that were lynched and that is the last word they heard.”

They both "agreed to disagree."

Part 3


At the end of that, Jay taught Oprah how to freestyle, comedy within itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment