Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MTV's Video Music Awards.

The VMA's aired on Sunday September 13th, 2009 & I honestly don't know where to start about it. . from Lady GaGa's disturbing get up's to Lil Mama's unexpected visits. . to Kanye West's outbursts. .SIGH.

Here's Pictures of some of the attendees of the VMA'S:


























Leave it to Lil Mama, whoever that is, to try to close out the already-strange 2009 MTV Video Music Awards with one of the oddest moments of the night.

While it wasn't as ridiculous or rude as Kanye West's meltdown and hijacking of Taylor Swift's speech, the spectacle of Lil Mama climbing on stage for no reason during Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' VMA performance last night was still hilariously weird.

For nearly five minutes, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys were performing “Empire State of Mind,” a number that was to close the always-memorable MTV award show.

But then there was Lil Mama, appearing out of nowhere, standing awkwardly beside Jay and Alicia in a B-girl stance, whatever that is, as the song ended:





Now it wasn't really funny when it happened, but right after it did it blew up all over twitter in to one big joke. I guess that Hennessy nipped Kanye in the butt & drove him to speak how he really felt.

Kanye West apologized on his blog for his behavior:

"I’M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD’VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED! I LIKE THE LYRICS ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER AND SHE’S IN THE BLEACHERS! …………………… I’M IN THE WRONG FOR GOING ON STAGE AND TAKING AWAY FROM HER MOMENT!…………….. BEYONCE’S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THIS DECADE!!!! I’M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU
GUYS DOWN!!!! I’M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT MTV. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO TAYLOR 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I’M A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE!!! NO DISRESPECT BUT WE WATCHIN’ THE SHOW AT THE CRIB RIGHT NOW CAUSE … WELL YOU KNOW!!!! I’M STILL HAPPY FOR TAYLOR!!!! BOOOYAAAWWWW!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME… THAT’S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! I’M NOT CRAZY YALL, I’M JUST REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!! I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR TAYLOR AND I’M SINCERELY SORRY!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!"

Later on Beyonce won video of the year and gave Taylor Swift the chance to come back on stage and finish her speech, how classy of Bey. That only added more flame to the fire because Jay-Z felt that was an disloyal move.
Eh, whatever! The life of a celebrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment