Friday, August 12, 2011

MOB's review of Watch the Throne


I've read so much critics on Watch the Throne, most of them mediocre. As the two artist aren't shy to the charts, Watch the Throne is now #1 in 23 countries, how the fuck can critics rate this as a negative album or 2/4 stars. This album features Jay-Z lyrics as religious, mythology, theology that many people don't understand, so how can one rate the hour just in 1-2 days.
It's still very hard for me to determine which is my favorite song off the album, but Iv'e grasp many quotes from the two masterly and brilliant.

"Okay here, like a hare, like a rabbit, I like karats
I’m allergic to havin bunny ears like broke, like nope
Like ha, I ain’t no joke, I can’t be stopped, like nope, like nope! -HOV"
Cleverly Jay uses homophones hare(rabbits ears)/here, karats/carrots- Jay-Z loves gold karats

"Niggas hustle every day for a beat from Ye
What I do? Turn around gave them beats to Jay
And I’m rapping on the beat they was supposed to buy
I guess I’m getting high off my own supply" -Kanye West
Artist like Camron and Ghostface Killah had beats from Ye but he turn around and gave em' to his big brother HOV!

This album will be a classic for the simple fact of song such as "Made in America" "Murder to Excellence" and "Gotta Have It." These three songs are too real! In Murder to Excellence it's dedicated to Davory Henry a young college football player in which a cop gundown (for no reason) later that year the same cop was rewarded Police of the Year =(
Honestly I could write a 5 page paper on this album(but I rather not babble), I feel as if it's inspiring.
P.S. If you know, I'm not really into Mr. Sean "HOVA" Carter but this album did it for me !

No comments:

Post a Comment